Palmistry on how his father’s death inspired ‘Afterlife’ and working with SOPHIE on Rihanna material
Underground Quality sits at the centre of American deep house, and at the centre of that sits label boss Jus-Ed. He’s been producing for years now, and his label also boasts releases from the likes of Levon Vincent, Nina Kraviz and Steffi. He’s also a fine DJ, as this latest in the Little White Earbuds podcast series shows. It’s a mix mostly comprised of his own productions, with the occasional guest making an appearance, a real journey down into the depths of house. Be sure to also read the interview they conducted with him, where he talks through Underground Quality’s recent decision to become self-distributed, and discusses the new label he’s set up with his wife Jenifa Mayanja – more on that here. For any Berliners among you, we’d also strongly recommend you attend the final Underground Quality party being held at Tape, the iconic club which Jus-Ed has dedicated this mix to, and is set to close very soon.
Download and listen to the mix here.
01. Ed & Fred, Ed & Fred P. Project [Underground Quality]
02. DJ Jus-Ed, Joey A. Bass Revise [Underground Quality]
03. DJ Jus-Ed, Confussed Passion [Underground Quality]
04. DJ Jus-Ed, Trip To Hamburg [Underground Quality]
05. DJ Jus-Ed, Lost In Berlin [Underground Quality]
06. DJ Jus-Ed, Mr. Pete’s Crib [Underground Quality]
07. DJ Jus-Ed, Immortal Tape 2011 [Underground Quality]
08. DJ Jus-Ed, Ed In The House 2 [Underground Quality]
09. DJ Qu, Movements [Underground Quality]
Full disclosure – Dummy’s audio editor Zara Wladawsky works for Underground Quality