Underground Quality sits at the centre of American deep house, and at the centre of that sits label boss Jus-Ed. He’s been producing for years now, and his label also boasts releases from the likes of Levon Vincent, Nina Kraviz and Steffi. He’s also a fine DJ, as this latest in the Little White Earbuds podcast series shows. It’s a mix mostly comprised of his own productions, with the occasional guest making an appearance, a real journey down into the depths of house. Be sure to also read the interview they conducted with him, where he talks through Underground Quality’s recent decision to become self-distributed, and discusses the new label he’s set up with his wife Jenifa Mayanja – more on that here. For any Berliners among you, we’d also strongly recommend you attend the final Underground Quality party being held at Tape, the iconic club which Jus-Ed has dedicated this mix to, and is set to close very soon.
Download and listen to the mix here.
01. Ed & Fred, Ed & Fred P. Project [Underground Quality]
02. DJ Jus-Ed, Joey A. Bass Revise [Underground Quality]
03. DJ Jus-Ed, Confussed Passion [Underground Quality]
04. DJ Jus-Ed, Trip To Hamburg [Underground Quality]
05. DJ Jus-Ed, Lost In Berlin [Underground Quality]
06. DJ Jus-Ed, Mr. Pete’s Crib [Underground Quality]
07. DJ Jus-Ed, Immortal Tape 2011 [Underground Quality]
08. DJ Jus-Ed, Ed In The House 2 [Underground Quality]
09. DJ Qu, Movements [Underground Quality]
Full disclosure – Dummy’s audio editor Zara Wladawsky works for Underground Quality