The 10 Best Pieces Of Music Production & DJing Advice, according to High Contrast
Jamie Teasdale, also known as Kuedo, leapt straight out of the dubstep-defining duo Vex’d to become a powerful force in dark and twisted electronic music in his own right with debut album ‘Severant’ released on Planet Mu this time last year. Read on to discover the pioneering producer’s top ten futuristic tracks, exclusively for Dummy.
- Alva Noto – Tek Part 1 (Xeroxx Vol 2)
- The Renaissance – Dark Skies
Creeping neo-memphis beat slow dive.
(Editor’s note: this track is so of-the-future that no online audio actually exists for it yet.)
- Vatican Shadow – Whitewashed Compound Stealth Helicopter Crash
Cool track about a whitewashed compound stealth helicopter crash.
- Bone Thugs & Harmony – Mo Murda
- Mark Fell – Multistability
Radical new form aerobics.
- Weather Report – Procession
Ascendent synthetic jazz.
- Cocteau Twins – Victorialand
- D’eon – Transparency Part III
- Fennesz – Venice
Texture, heart and displacement.
- Japan – Gentleman Take Polaroids
Artful pop with an angular melodic sophistication and production nuance that transcend the time stamp of creation.