A rare mix CD from Phantasy Sound head guy will take in 20 tracks of warped and frazzled techno.
Erol Alkan is mixing next instalment of the Fabriclive mix CD series.
Due out on September 22nd, the 20-track mix takes in the sort of weirdo techno, burnt-out house, and skewiff electro funk that Alkan has been rinsing over the past couple of years - from his own acid track Bang to an amazingly off Zongamin remix of Manfredas to new Phantasy signing Ghost Culture. There's also a new track from Erol in there called Sub Conscious, which we're hoping is a bass-related pun. The mix closes with his own blend of A Hold On Love and Saint Etienne's Only Love Can Break Your Heart - which we first heard at his b2b set with Daniel Avery at Field Day.
"I certainly didn’t want this mix to be a flyer or advert for me as a DJ," Erol says of the mix in a press release, "I feel this mix is quite specific to fabric as they are all records I would want to play in that environment. Even though I have had the benefit of playing all three rooms on a regular basis, this mix feels like it was designed for Room 1. It's influenced by the sight lines from the perspective behind the decks, the lights, the fact that sometimes all you can see are hands reaching into the booth, as well as those behind you dancing alone in the corners."
There's a launch party happening at Fabric on September 12th, where Erol will DJ alongside NY legends Rub N Tug, while The Emepror Machine and mysterious Dark Circles wil perform live.
Erol Alkan 'Fabriclive 77' tracklist:
01. Maurice & Charles Sofa Love (Jamie Paton Remix)
02. Cowboy Rhythmbox We Got The Box
03. Carisma Talento Matemático
04. The Emperor Machine RMI Is All I Want (Erol Alkan's Extended Rework)
05. Manfredas Square Lights (Zongamin Remix Take 2)
06. Phreak Acid On
07. Erol Alkan Sub Conscious
08. Andre Bratten Trommer og Bass
09. Tom Rowlands Through Me
10. Fumes Jack2000
11. Victor Shan How You Want It (Shan's Warehouse Version)
12. Boot & Tax Acido
13. Erol Alkan Bang
14. Ben Jenkins K3M
15. Todd Osborn Put Your Weight On It (Chicago Mix)
16. Voiski From White To Red
17. Claro Intelecto Tone
18. Ghost Culture Red Smoke
19. Daywalker + CF Supersonic Transport
20. Erol Alkan A Hold On Love + Saint Etienne Only Love Can Break Your Heart
Fabric release 'Fabriclive 77' on September 22nd 2014 (pre-order).