The 10 Best Politically-Charged Tracks, according to Orbital
Lawrence is a DJ and producer from Hamburg who co-found Dial Records, a label that is known for its orientation towards deep, subtle, emotive and melodic sounds since its launch in 2000. Besides Dial, Lawrence also takes care of Laid, Dial’s vinyl-only imprint, Smallville record shop and Smallville Records. He also produces under his minimal and techno-focussed alias, Sten.
On 15th September, Lawrence will play at Broken & Uneven present: The Hydra in London along with his Dial label affiliates, including Pantha Du Prince, Efdemin, Roman Flugel, John Roberts and Christian Naujoks. Redshape will also make a special appearance under his Palisade alias, which has seen the German producer release more house-orientated music on Laid.
Ahead of the night, Lawrence has shared with us 10 tracks that have been produced or reworked by Detroit’s Theo Parrish, but refused to annotate them with any descriptions, as he believes the songs speak for themselves. Listen below.
- Theo Parrish – Music [Sound Signature]
- Larry Heard – Missing You (Theo’s Missing Dub) [Track Mode/ Alleviated]
- Moodymann & Theo Parrish – Lake Shore Drive [KDJ]
- Theo Parrish – Ebonics [Sound Signature]
- Marcellus Pittman & Theo Parrish – Night of the Sagitarius [Sound Signature]
- Theo Parrish – Sky Walking [Peacefrog]
- Skooby Laposky – Light House (Theo Parrish Remix) [Oratai Sound Salon]
- Theo Parrish – Dan Ryan [Sound Signature]
- Kuniyuki Takahashi – All These Things (Theo Parrish Remix) [Mule Musiq]
- Theo Parrish – Lost Keys [Music Is…]