Dogs doing lists #4: The Last Days of Disco
- 22nd February 1981: Dogs shouting “Disco lives!” and slapping a newborn to start it breathing.
- 11th December 1981: Dogs hoisting a spoonful of cocaine at Studio 54 and saluting, “To the Contras.”
- 29th July 1981: Dogs lying back and trying to think of England as the Queen enters the bridal chamber wearing an egg-stained floral negligee.
- 28th March 1979: Dogs striding confidently into the Three Mile Island containment building as Andy Gray enthuses in a lilting whisper, “Neither can live while the other survives.”
- 30th March 1981: Dogs pulling the trigger of a toy gun aimed at a televised image of Ronald Reagan, releasing a small flag reading “I Shot J.R.”
- 4th November 1979: Dogs storing the still-beating heart of Patti LaBelle in an underground missile silo.
- 12th July 1979: Dogs wheeling John Travolta into St. Peter’s and installing him, petrified in a leisure suit mid-dance maneuver, behind the Pietà.
- 18th November 1978: Dogs receiving a psychic premonition of the Jonestown Massacre and likening it to a thousand turntables abruptly ceasing to play “Stayin’ Alive” and skipping along in eternal silence.
- 4th May 1979: Dogs repeating eternally, “Do the hustle!” as the irradiated, burned-out husk of the Earth drifts slowly through the Solar System.
- 23 September 1982: Dogs bursting out of a cryogenic freezing tube filled with cocaine and shrieking into faces of their mummified loved ones, “Do you remember?!”
Follow @dogsdoingthings on Twitter