Palmistry on how his father’s death inspired ‘Afterlife’ and working with SOPHIE on Rihanna material
New feature klaxon! We’re starting a series of lists from the world’s best record stores on their bestselling records, kicking off with our local, Kristina Records in Dalston, east London. Specialising in second hand vinyl and new DIY records from techno to metal, it’s one of the best out there. Here are the records flying out of their doors on the Stoke Newington Road.
- Various Artists – ‘Personal Space (Electronic Soul 1974-1984)’ [Chocolate Industries]
Total gem of a comp on Chocolate Industries, super rare and idiosyncratic syth-driven soul cuts. Compilation of the year?
- Gareth Williams & Mary Currie – ‘Flaming Tunes’ [Blackest Ever Black]
Much needed vinyl edition on Blackest Ever Black of this beautiful and intimate post-This Heat collaboration.
- The Jellies – Jive Baby On A Saturday Night [Trunk]
Warehouse find! Fantastic OOP Trunk reissue of this mega hard to score post-punk dancer.
- Funkinevil – Night/Dusk [Wild Oats]
Detroit meets London! The fruits of their long awaited collab are finally here!
- Trackman Lafonte & Bon Qui Qui – Pacific House EP [L.I.E.S.]
New Legowelt and Xosar on L.I.E.S. Raw analog house music!
- Tommy Finger Jr – Deeptroit EP [Lake Placid]
Smoked out late night deepness on Lake Placid.
- Asso – ‘Do It Again’ [Private Records]
Fantastic italo disco. This issue bundles the tracks from ultra rare Do It Again/Don’t Stop 12” with a whole LP’s worth of unreleased material.
- Theo Parrish – Hand Made EP [Running Back]
Great new Theo 12” on Running Back.
- Don Cherry – ‘Organic Music Society’ [Caprice]
Deep commune jazz rarity reissued.
- Powell – Body Music [Diagonal]
2nd 12” of stripped down post-punk meets techno from this very promising London producer.
- Tom James Scott – ‘Drape’ [Bo Weavil]
Gorgeous LP of solo piano on Bo Weavil from a local hero and friend of the shop!