Dummy Mix 553 // Goro
Set at the base of the Manhattan Bridge in the Dumbo neighborhood of Brooklyn, halcyon the shop has managed to weather the storm of the recession and is one of the city’s best places to buy records. With a pebbled interior and soundsystem that rivals most clubs, their radio shows and in-stores are legendary and played a massive part in the New York house revival championed by Jus-Ed, shop alumnus Levon Vincent and Anthony Parasole, DJ Qu, and more – not least Dummy’s own Zara Wladawsky, who now works behind the counter and as a buyer. The New York shop remains well known for its fierce pride in nurturing and supporting their local underground dance music scene since (of all dates) 9/9/99, and their top ten bestsellers list reflects this.
- Anthony Parasole & Phil Moffa – Atantic Ave [The Corner]
Brand new heat from two real deal New Yorkers that’s been getting loads of pre-orders. For lovers of nasty raw machine-made dub techno only.
- Dj Qu – Infect Ep [Strength Music]
Another one of our favourite producers returns with a monster release that reflects his killer take on house and techno.
- Various Artists – The Love Revolution 001 [Love Revolution]
A new Brooklyn label founded by Nathaniel Jay, who was mostly recently known as one-half of soho808, and our very own Bianca Rose, of the fabled halcyon the shop. Love Revolution supports true Deep House through Classic sounds, and we can say with pride that it nearly sold out worldwide in just two days!
- Bob Moses – Hands To Hold EP [Scissor and Thread Limited.]
Canadian grown (legally) but formed in New York, Bob Moses is the latest act to debut on the boutique indie label Scissor and Thread.
- Sycorax – Orfamay Quest [Pneumatic Records]
Although a newer addition to the city’s musical contigent, the Sycorax duo deliver a fantastic sophomore release on Pneumatic Records with a sizzling remix from Steve Summers.
- Mutant Beat Dance – Urban Dust [L.I.E.S.]
Another great release from the consistently great L.I.E.S. One of our favorite labels that’s been topping our sales charts all year.
- Anton Zap / L’estasi Dell’oro / N’conduit / 12 × 12 – Possible Side Effects, Vol. 2 [Voodoo Down Records]
Brooklyn-based label pumps out part 2 on their new imprint, Voodoo Down Records.
- Mike Huckaby – Baseline 88-89 [S Y N T H]
The new Mike Huckaby release is flying off our shelves. One from The D!
- Specter / Kai Alcé / Marcellus Pittman – NDATL Special Edition 2012 [NDATL Muzik]
An absolute gem from three amazing house producers on this special, limited release.
- The Invisble – Wings [Ninja Tune]
We love The Invisible and we love Floating Points remixing The Invisible. Some of London’s best right here!
- Upperground Orchestra – The Eupen Takes [Morphine Records]
Frenetic avant-jazz with artwork from PAN’s Bill Kouligas. These six live recordings were taken from 2011’s Meakusma Stage at Eupen Muzik Marathon.